Thread: Rolling Garden Seat

Rolling Garden Seat

Growing older I think its time for a rolling garden seat.
    I like the idea of the model with a tow handle to pull out to the yard, but wonder if the steering end would be troublesome in a bumpy garden with clumps of dry soil and rocks. Keep trying to steer right or left instead of straight ahead in a row.

Anyone have and use a like item and have an opinion?

cart.jpgcart2.jpg
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Blog Entries
    Over my years of gardening it has been found something low to the ground is preferred. Six to eight inches above the work is better than sitting so high it is a problem to reach the ground.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I bought one from LV a couple of years ago. It has a low steering handle not a long one like the one you show. It was bought for my wife but I have used it a lot. The steering is nice for working around things it's easy enough to pick up one end when moving any distance. I've even used it around the shop when painting or finishing bigger projects low to the ground. I don't know how big of clumps or rocks you are referring too, but so far it hasn't been a big problem for use. I can see that it may be problematic on rougher ground. I would buy it again.
    Jim

My wife bought a red one from (Gardener's Supply?) a couple years ago. It has the long steering handle. It works ok but not well. Good for towing it around but not so functional when seated. She likes it in the yard, I use it when detailing the grille and wheels on my car.