Thread: 80/20 info

80/20 info

Can anyone recommend a good reference for 80/20 extrusion parts and accessories? I've checked out their website and the shear volume of stuff is difficult to sort through. I'd actually love to have a catalog.

I'm interested in making an auxiliary fence for the quadrant gauge on an Oliver 260.

Thanks!

I went to Framingtech.com for metric extrusions. ( Grizzly crosscut stops fit 60x60 ). They had odd length pieces that I got a better price on. Dave

Well 80/20 can be quite a rabbit hole I know cause I went down it back when Jimmy Carter was in charge.
    Things are different now
    I also looked at after market fences and they were all junk..
    So having said that I went with the
    https://vsctools.com/shop/product-ca...ble-saw-fence/
    It simpilfied the process and I now have a fence that is exactly what I wanted and is a joy to use.
    Its easy to set up and stays were you put it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    I went to Framingtech.com for metric extrusions. ( Grizzly crosscut stops fit 60x60 ). They had odd length pieces that I got a better price on. Dave
    Dave,
    What crosscut stops are you referring to? Part number by any chance?

I actually prefer Misumi, all of these websites are a bit difficult to navigate but Musumi wins here.

Mark

Thanks guys, I'll check out Misumi. I looked up the Grizzly flip stop and only found one made by sawstop; does Grizzly make one too?

I might see if I can find one made by Felder, of course I can sort of figure that even if they sell one separately it's gonna be too expensive to consider.

I built one out of wood for an auxiliary miter gauge on my Jet cabinet saw years ago. It works but I'd like something a little more stout for the Oliver. Micro adjustment would be nice too.

I need to stare at that quandrant gauge for awhile.

80/20 has a dealer in Marietta GA. Go to 80/20 website and look for dealer.

Most of Grizzlys's sliders use the same stop. Not the greatest but not bad. You can find it on the parts for various model saws. The same stop was priced differently on various machines so it paid to look at the model breakdowns. About $50 each a few years ago. I milled the 60x60 extrusion on the top to create a channel for the tape. Dave