Thread: Metric Dust Collection Hose Sizes

Metric Dust Collection Hose Sizes

Hello all,
    I have specific need for an 80 mm dust collection hose. At one time there was never a problem purchasing metric sizes for hoses now I find it difficult. Some of the places I tried advertised they sell metric size hoses but when I’m on the sites they only offer inch size hoses. All my shop collection hoses are metric, I never thought it would have been hard to find with all the euro machines being sold in the USA.

In this particular instance I can not use tape or whatever to wrap on the mating connector to make up the extra room of using an inch size hose. I need an 80mm hose. I had extra in the rafters but yrs of heat made them a bit sticky and useless. So much for looking ahead for the day I needed this hose.

I’ll post a picture of what was left of the one inside the machine. This was an auxiliary pick up hose for the shaper hood inside the machine. Lately I was wondering why there was so much dust inside the machine so I decided to explore and found the remains of what was an 80 mm hose.

Why do pictures turn sideways when they are uploaded
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ben Abate; 03-22-2019 at 4:07 PM.
    sometimes it's people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one imagines. Alan Turing

Blog Entries
    The only source I found was Felder.

Mike

Hi, Felder part # is 02.0.408........................Regards, Rod.

Rod,
    I can not find that part no. or any hose on their site. I usually find their site terrible to navigate and this time is no different. I can't find it in the catalog either.

thank you
    sometimes it's people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one imagines. Alan Turing

call these guys they should be able to help you

https://www.ducting.com/hose-types/metric-hoses
    Carpe Lignum

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Abate View Post
    Rod,
    I can not find that part no. or any hose on their site. I usually find their site terrible to navigate and this time is no different. I can't find it in the catalog either.

thank you
    Hi Ben, page 473 of the catalogue.

Don't rely on the web site, call them with the part number, they should be able to supply it, even if it has to come with the next shipment from Austria..........Rod.