Thread: Discount code at Lost Art Press?

Discount code at Lost Art Press?

Was about to checkout online at Lost Art Press and I see they have a field to apply discount (or gift card) codes and I was wondering if anyone is aware of any discount codes? Maybe a free shipping code? Thanks!
    Last edited by Mike Manning; 03-22-2019 at 2:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    Many online retailers have these. Often if a person is a repeat customer a previous order gave them a code to use on the next order.

There may be an open, public order code available at LAP.

Some sites will have the option displayed without any current or publicly available codes.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

From what Chris Schwarz has said in their blog, I don't think they have discount codes. (He's talked about why they don't have sales.) I assume the website software is generic. They do have gift cards and probably use that field to process them.

Blog Entries
    He's talked about why they don't have sales.
    The closest thing they may have to a sale is cash, in store discounts on manufacturing blem books.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

If you're willing to spend $200 you'd think there might be free shipping. :0\

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Manning View Post
    If you're willing to spend $200 you'd think there might be free shipping. :0\
    Free shipping has to be paid for somehow.

My items are often sold on ebay with shipping included. The minimum bid has shipping added to the minimum price for the item. It looks like free shipping, but it really isn't.

jtk

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Free shipping has to be paid for somehow.

jtk
    Indeed, free shipping is not something offered free by any vendor which actually recovers the cost of the free deals from other customers. Rockler offers free shipping if your order is over certain dollar amount, and those who order less than that amount subsidize those who do. Amazon Prime is another example. Some retail trend predictors have said free shipping will be the norm in the retail world when enough merchants do that. In fact, so many eBay vendors now offer free shipping (with no minimum order amounts) that we know the product prices themselves must have the shipping costs included.

I hardly recall the last time I bought something online that I had to pay shipping.

Simon
    Last edited by Simon MacGowen; 03-22-2019 at 4:37 PM.

LAP does not discount, but does offer gift cards – so that's for gift card use.