Thread: Jet Air Filtration

Jet Air Filtration

Opinions wanted from users of the Jet AFS-1000B Air Filtration System. I just bought one from an auction site and it is NIB condition. I have a small shop area (22'x34') My dust collector vents directly outside. I do mostly bowl turning and finish sanding. I read mixed reviews on the Jet. The good reviews did out number the bad reviews. I currently am using 2 box fans with a pleated 2 inch thick furnace filter on the inlet side of the fan. They catch a good deal of the airborne fines but i am hoping this Jet unit is much better. Those of you that actually use this Jet model please critique your machine prformance.
    thanksimage.jpeg

My shop's in the basement. The Jet filter drastically reduced the amount of fine dust in the shop and upstairs. I have a 5 micron dust collector running whenever a power mahine is on, but the air filter still made quite a difference. It typically runs for an hour after I leave the shop.

Could be you've already seen this, but FWW did a review of four air filtration units several years ago, and your Jet was rated "Best Overall" and "Best Value."

https://www.finewoodworking.com/fwnp.../011213054.pdf

After about 10 years, zero complaints. I have the exact same setup as Josko – basement shop, 5 micron DC and letting the Jet run 1 hour after I'm done. Just remember to vacuum and/or blow out the filters and I believe you'll be pleased.

I've checked mine with a Dylos particle counter. When I put a lot of dust in the air on purpose I could watch the numbers go down while it cleared the air, not real quickly but steadily.

Be sure to install it according to the manual so it can move the air properly. If it didn't come with a manual you can probably download one.

With the pine pollen this time of year, I'm not sure any filtration helps unless your in a full environmental chamber. LOL!

I've had mine about 15 years or so and I think it does a decent job based on the fact that it seems to catch enough fine dust that I have to change the filter periodically. I did have an issue about 5 years ago where the control board went out of it and I had to replace it. But it works fine other than that.

Charlie