Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your biggest fear?

Very sad to learn about your friend, Larry. I think you hit the nail squarely..."going suddenly" is one thing because there can be closure for all, but becoming unable to function/communicate while still being aware is a very scary thing.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    My mom had alzheimer's. I still tear up when I think of those few, brief, moments of lucidity, when she knew there was something wrong with her.

At 76, I think my greatest fear is becoming a burden to my family. I resolved years ago to try to grow old gracefully, accepting help when offered, and realizing my limitations.
    You're a smart man Rick...............Regards, Rod.

Sorry for your friend and hoping for the best.

My biggest fear is having something bad happen to one of my kids. Whatever happens to me I know that, ultimately, I won't get through it. Such is life.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Hopefully, the surgery will help and he'll regain at least some of his independence. I, like so many others, never gave much thought to my daily life. Now, after being diagnosed with a very aggressive form of lymphoma, I feel differently. Thankfully, after 3 different courses of chemotherapy and a stem cell transplant, I'm in remission. Of course, I will never, ever take another day of life for granted. I'm very limited, as I fatigue easily, but every day I can spend some time in my workshop is a blessing. Yes, projects take a long time when you only spend 1 or 2 hours a day working on them, but the completion is only half the enjoyment. It is the process that I've come to value.

hard to say, maybe to lose someones

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Sorry to hear about your friend Larry!

I watched a friend die of ALS, Lou Gehrig's disease. I pray I will never be like your friend or my friend. Sadly, we have little input.

My sympathy goes out to your friend, his family and you!
    That has to be near the top of the list of ways I don't want to go. I hope Larry's friend responds to PT, things often turn out better than forecast.
    Last edited by Curt Harms; 03-26-2019 at 6:53 AM.

This is a tough subject. My dad and his dad both died of cancer, and both were 2 years older than I am now. But what happened a few days ago was worse, my neighbors son was killed in a tractor accident. Would be hard to outlive your son.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Andrew View Post
    Would be hard to outlive your son.
    It is. A parents worse nightmare is burying a child. We've been there.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night