Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paolini Rule

I have the stainless combo metric set and use the 150mm one constantly. It works very well for me. While a combo square can do most of what the Paolini rule can do it is bigger and bulkier. Means it doesn't fit in pocket very well. Paolini rule smaller. lighter and fits in my pocket.

I have the 6" and 8" version of the Paolini….like them both. I bought the 6" first and enjoyed using it enough to go back for the 8". Lightweight and design makes them easy to use(sliding stop). I also have a Veritas Sliding square that I bought a long time ago and still use it also. I find that different sizes and types of squares work best in different situations. Of course, you can mark a line/point with any but some are better suited for certain situations.
    Personal preference rules....pun intended!

Jim

Yea I had a 6" one a while back and just found I wasnt using it. Already had too many other gadgets that did the same thing.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

I have the 8 and later got the 6. It lives in my shop apron and is used constantly. It's a good tool, but the reason it is used is because it is just the right size for the apron, so it's right there when I need it. I like the stop, which is easy to set, holds well, and is a great way to check that two setbacks are the same when one's eyesight isn't perfect. YMMV

Terry T.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonak Hawkins View Post
    I had to look it up to find out, myself. It wasn't easy to find as the Woodpecker site page has been disabled. I found one here.
    $60! That's real easy to resist.

Or make my own...IMG_2537-1400.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Simon MacGowen View Post

Simon
    Except that the 6" Aluminum one is $32.99. And the basis of the $60 claim is based upon someone who couldn't find Woodpeckers website.

Not much more than a good quality rule.

Or just buy the Starrett 6" pocket rule with clip. It can also be used to stir coffee.
    Bil lD

I won a 6" Paolini from Carbide Processors in a contest they had on Facebook a few years ago.
    Great tool!
    Just the right size to fit in the front pocket of bib overalls.

Just the right size also to set the fence of the router table to a bearing on a bearing bit & the easy to remove stop makes it much handier than using a combination square's ruler.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    It depends on how much you use it I guess and if it becomes a basic used all the time tool the price is not the issue within reason. Let's put it this way, the price certainly was not a factor in my asking the question.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening