Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Khaya Tool Cabinet

Blog Entries
    What kind of class are you taking?

I've looked into classes on and off. As someone living in the mountain west, it seems I'll have to trek out to the west coast or east coast to take a two week course some time. I have a Studio Furniture book I use for inspiration that covers a really cool furniture class taught to architecture students at University of Washington. Man, it makes me want to quit my job and really learn this stuff from a master...

The cabinet looks great!

Cheers,

its a cabinetmaking/furniture building class. a year long thing at like a vocational school near me. i think its absolutely awesome. highly recommend it

Somewhat similar experiences with African Mahogany. I used it once on a chair project, and probably wont use it again. Sapele is less expensive in my area, has better/richer color(to me, atleast), works better, and is typically more stable.

Great cabinet! Update with photos once you have your tools in it. Im about to redo my tool storage and redo the space under my roubo/workbench to be a cabinet holding my planes, squares, gauges, chisels, and other assorted hand tools.

Really nice cabinet. What finish schedule did you follow? Did you use anything like Transtint?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zucker View Post
    Really nice cabinet. What finish schedule did you follow? Did you use anything like Transtint?
    used 5 coats of teak oil with wet sanding inbetween, then zinnser seal coat, and two coats of wipe on poly

6. Looks awesome!