Thread: Hope it's OK to tout an Ebay Find?

Hope it's OK to tout an Ebay Find?

Just received this "Blem Cosmetic" PEC Double Square.

Having been tipped to the quality of PEC on these pages, I thought some might like to know about the very good price offered by this seller.

Note that the trademarks are ground off.

Not Okay. Okay.
    Last edited by bill epstein; 03-19-2019 at 12:34 PM.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you can't provide links to that big auction site here. If I'm right you'll know it soon enough.

you can get these all day at Harry Epstein. Fantastic value

Yep. Got a PEC blem combination square head the other week to go with a 12" Starrett blade. Perfect out of the box. Not expensive, something like $25? Couldn't find any blem.
    *** "I have gained insights from many sources... experts, tradesman & novices.... no one has a monopoly on good ideas." Jim Dailey, SMC, Feb. 19, 2007
    *** "The best way to get better is to leave your ego in the parking lot."----Eddie Wood, 1994
    *** We discovered that he had been educated beyond his intelligence........
    *** Student of Rigonomics & Gizmology

Waste Knot Woods
    Rice, VA

Blog Entries
    It seems it is against the Terms Of Service to post a link to an auction.

Posting the item number seems to be okay.

That could be incorrect.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

They do not like the links because they change so often, and in six months or so the thread will be filled with broken links to ebay items that have been taken down. That is my understanding anyway.

Blog Entries
    Curses upon you Bill.

My curiosity had me enter > blem square < into the auction site that shall not be named's search engine.

One should be coming to my mailbox soon.

BTW, at times it seems half the posts are gloats about finds on ebay, estate sales, yard sales, antique shops and wherever folks find something that puts a tool on our bench, a smile on our face and a warm spot in our hearts.

It may even inspire some to keep looking and hoping for another great find.

jtk
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 03-20-2019 at 12:17 AM. Reason: spelling
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

If you use the coupon code MYTENOFF you can get 10% off. My double square will be here next week

those squares and heads are great. I love my 24inch one.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Curses upon you Bill.

My curiosity had me enter > blem square < into the auction site that shall not be named's search engine.

One should be coming to my mailbox soon.
    Doh... same.

I got one of those pec blem double squares a while back, broke the first time I dropped it. Yeah, obvio6my bad but I've dropped a 4 inch starett a few times and it's rock solid. Also, related, foam mats are great if you work over concrete, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shay Hamblin View Post
    I got one of those pec blem double squares a while back, broke the first time I dropped it. Yeah, obvio6my bad but I've dropped a 4 inch starett a few times and it's rock solid. Also, related, foam mats are great if you work over concrete, lol
    From what I understand Starrett makes two types of combination head. One is cast iron. The other is steel. Cast iron is a lot easier to break. Do not know if the other manufacturers have two lines as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lawrence View Post
    From what I understand Starrett makes two types of combination head. One is cast iron. The other is steel. Cast iron is a lot easier to break. Do not know if the other manufacturers have two lines as well.
    Ah, that's interesting. This starett was a used purchase so I'm not quite sure which it is