Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Large Hand Tool Sale

Large Hand Tool Sale

Too far of a drive for me, but I thought some of you guys would be interested. https://www.estatesales.net/VA/Melfa/23410/2159319

Looks v worthwhile BUT way too far for me.....
    Jerry

Blog Entries
    I have small hands.

If I leave now I just MIGHT get there in time. Would sure love to be there. Can someone pick me up a nice Stanley No 6 type 11 while there? ;-)

The real question is, did anyone make it to this sale?

https://www.estatesales.net/NC/Greensboro/27408/2129661

Oh goodness, I live less than an hour from Greensboro, too bad I missed it!

Did I see that right - display cases filled with what appeared to be new Lie Nielsen, Lee Valley, Bridge City and other higher end tools? What's up with that?

It would be very interesting to know what most of those sold for.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Manning View Post
    Did I see that right - display cases filled with what appeared to be new Lie Nielsen, Lee Valley, Bridge City and other higher end tools? What's up with that?

It would be very interesting to know what most of those sold for.
    Yes, the sale price of these modern day collectibles would be of interest.

My guess is my great-grandchildren's great-grandchildren might be able to afford a nice night on the town from the sale of my LN #1. Or maybe it will pay for a bucket of KFC.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Not much more than walking distance for me...

Probably good that I DIDN'T go to that Greensboro sale..............wow............
    *** "I have gained insights from many sources... experts, tradesman & novices.... no one has a monopoly on good ideas." Jim Dailey, SMC, Feb. 19, 2007
    *** "The best way to get better is to leave your ego in the parking lot."----Eddie Wood, 1994
    *** We discovered that he had been educated beyond his intelligence........
    *** Student of Rigonomics & Gizmology

Waste Knot Woods
    Rice, VA

I'm praying someone doesn't post a gloat that they were high bidder and took the entire lot for $500.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Santos View Post
    I'm praying someone doesn't post a gloat that they were high bidder and took the entire lot for $500.
    Why not? I would hope for any creeker to get a smoking hot deal if they can. I will not bemoan someone else's good fortune. I'm praying that we all find the treasure trove of tools for $100 that they throw the old dusty car that happens to be a classic Ferrari in for the deal just to get it out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by John Stankus View Post
    Why not? I would hope for any creeker to get a smoking hot deal if they can. I will not bemoan someone else's good fortune. I'm praying that we all find the treasure trove of tools for $100 that they throw the old dusty car that happens to be a classic Ferrari in for the deal just to get it out of the way.
    I think he was saying that in jest. Most of us here are happy when we see those "YOU SUCK" gloats. It means that there's still a chance we too could hit the tool lottery one day! :-)

Yeah, I'm glad I missed this too. I already spent enough at Ed's Tool Store in Pittsboro over the weekend.

Yeah but Ed's tools are much less shiny