Thread: 3D Scanning at IBILD

3D Scanning at IBILD

Hey guys - as one of the more professional forums for the kind of work that we do, I thought you might appreciate seeing one of my more recent scanning jobs.

My customer hand carved this in the 80s and he said it took months to do...now with it 3D scanned, it is digitally preserved forever.

Attached are some pics of the original in basswood and the digital data captured during the scanning process. It's truly a stunning carving in person. The aesthetic is fantastic.

Yes, this is a carousel horse. Note how there is no pole going through it! It is free-standing almost on 2 feet, with the 3rd just letting the tip of the foot touch the ground. In the pic I have it strapped so I didn't knock it over.

What you are seeing is real geometry that can be used for CNC machining and 3D printing. It can be imported into Aspire, F360 and others, as well as any 3D slicer program.

Cheers!
    -Brady

FYI - A customer's 3D data is never sold or shared with anyone other than the customer, ever.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IBILD High Resolution 3D Scanning Services

Absolutely amazing detail in both the carving and the scan. Mind blowing. How big is the physical carving?

Really awesome.

Mark,
    Thank you. The original is about 63" long, 60" or so tall and about 18" wide.
    IBILD High Resolution 3D Scanning Services