Thread: Triton M0F001, Dust Deputy, and Fein Turbo I

Triton M0F001, Dust Deputy, and Fein Turbo I

Before I reinvent the wheel, has anyone worked out a cost effective set of fittings and hose to connect these items up to a router table? I plan to use the router's dust port for down draft only dust control.
    Last edited by Pete Staehling; 03-18-2019 at 7:27 AM.

Blog Entries
    Dad has used a vac hose to the router's port for years with good success but, also has a fence collection point. Many operations will shoot spoil all over the place without fence collection.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I just realized a couple things...
    1. The Fein hose fits nicely between the Dust Deputy and the Triton router with no adaptors at all.
    2. A regular 2-1/4" OD shop vac hose fits nicely between Fein and the Dust Deputy, again with no adaptors at all.

So I think the answer is pretty simple and fairly inexpensive. I had been expecting to need to mess with odd sized hoses or weird adaptors and it all seems to be really simple. I guess i just psyched myself out.
    Last edited by Pete Staehling; 03-19-2019 at 8:17 AM.

BTW, not sure how I managed to put this under Forum Announcements, sorry for misplacing it. That was unintentional. If someone can and wants to move it to the appropriate place that would be great. That or delete it since it has been pretty much resolved.

Let us know how it goes, Pete. I use the Fein Turbo I myself, and like it a lot. I worry, though, that any shop vac will move enough air for collecting below a router table.

I will report back after using it some. The theory is that the small connection and built in air shroud in the triton router is designed for the higher velocity lower volume of a shop vac not the high volume low speed of a dust collector. I guess I will find out. I do have a DC so I can try that too.

You may well be right. I'm not familiar with the Triton router, and what you propose may work fine.

After just a quick test it seems to work well. I ran some stock through with a 3/8" round over bit and it seemed to get all of the dust. No doubt other bits and other stock thicknesses may present harder challenges. If there are more difficult situations where it doesn't work as well at least the table is close to the roll up door so if there is a problem once in a while, clean up by blowing chips out the door wouldn't be the end of the world

Know what you mean. My garage door is an important component in my dust "system" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Decker View Post
    Know what you mean. My garage door is an important component in my dust "system" as well.
    Since I needed make a piece to close off the back of the fence for the downdraft to work properly, I made it a sliding piece that can either be an above table hookup for the DC or just a wall to close off flow so the downdraft can work efficiently. The plan is to probably seldom or never use the DC hookup, but it is there if needed.

Your system includes 3 components and 2 hoses. If the DD is fixed to the table or to the vac you might replace one of the hoses with a hard connection and get a slight bump in performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bender View Post
    Your system includes 3 components and 2 hoses. If the DD is fixed to the table or to the vac you might replace one of the hoses with a hard connection and get a slight bump in performance.
    Good suggestion. I didn't go that route, but did do what is hopefully is the next best thing and used a very short length of hose between the DD and the table.

Another update...
    I did find that the below the table dust extraction works very well with the smaller bits and even a fairly good sized round over bit. For the lock miter bits it works much better when I use the above table option along with the below table one. I made the fence so the above table vent slides out of the way and closes off the back of the fence when not in use so the below table can work well when the above table is not used. I am pretty happy with how it has worked out.