Thread: MLCS premium router table with sliding top

MLCS premium router table with sliding top

Wondering if anyone has one and if so what kind of jigs have you made for it and how. I bought one because it was a great deal. $100 bucks. But I am probably overthinking the jig part.
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant

Blog Entries
    Pretty open-ended question. Maybe we can dial it in a bit? Are you looking for jigs that are specific to the sliding table feature or just router table jigs in general? Maybe mention a few of the specific tasks you want to do that involve jigs. Jigs serve no purpose by themselves except to present a storage problem. For example, I made a very nice coping jig over ten years ago because everyone was talking about them. I have used it maybe 4 times in a decade. Works nice but, I have often nearly gotten rid of it.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Pretty open-ended question. Maybe we can dial it in a bit? Are you looking for jigs that are specific to the sliding table feature or just router table jigs in general? Maybe mention a few of the specific tasks you want to do that involve jigs. Jigs serve no purpose by themselves except to present a storage problem. For example, I made a very nice coping jig over ten years ago because everyone was talking about them. I have used it maybe 4 times in a decade. Works nice but, I have often nearly gotten rid of it.
    I see the error in my post. Yes I was thinking but not writing (or typing) lol.. My main intention is to be able to make box joint on the router. My table saw has a 1" spindle and the blade set for that is more than I need to spend right now so I thought about using the router table I have. The sliding table on it does have runners but they are not regular size but still should not be an issue I am guessing. But yes ultimately for right now wanting to make boxes.

Thank you for the reply.
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant