Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about an old Martin T75 sliding table saw for solid wood

You can order riving knives direct from Martin- at least you could a couple years ago. I think they run around $60-70.00 each.

The riving knife off my newer Martin fit after I ground a little off the nubbin on the holder. I have a parts list for the old T75 that lists the splitter parts as well as many others. A lot of this will work on T17. Anyone wants this I can PM it.
    they have the replacement ruler in stock in Charlotte. Only in mm though. Don’t know if it’s solid brass they just list it as yellow. I ordered one.

My arbor is not original and would like to replace it. Unfortunately they don’t have these anymore for the T17 or 75 and also say no drawings. Will see what I have when I tie into it.

Chris, can you post a picture of the miter gauge runner? Assuming it’s dovetailed.

My furniture maker friend gave me one off my old saw but will need to make a runner. Yours on the left is Martin for sure.

This saw is 1968 has the engraved wheel, the metal Martin plate and the older style fence. The newer ball bearing one is nice but this one is very substantial. Saw is still in good shape and I have a standing offer to buy it back if he ever sells.
    I apologize in advance for the bad paint job. This was my first machinery repaint 30 years ago. Thought I had the color matched close but it looks like a John Deere.

4EA19576-AEEE-47C0-A0FF-71F5A3585DD4.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is Martin tools in Charlotte the contact to check for replacement parts?

Yes, Al is who I remember talking to, but I think Joe said they had some personnel changes recently so....

Talk to Harald there. He is the new parts guy and trying real hard to acquire some of the old parts still available.

As far as parts numbers, this is all I have, and unfortunately German.
    martin parts.jpg

I believe my 17 has two miter slots in main table.

Joe- I will have the arbor out of mine soon, let me know if you want measurements or I could probably have it copied and send it to you.

Darcy,
    i appreciate that. Yes I would like to copy the original and also the arbor extension.

Quote Originally Posted by joe milana View Post
    As far as parts numbers, this is all I have, and unfortunately German.
    martin parts.jpg

thats the same I have Joe.
    they are checking some of those part numbers for me. I will let you know what I find out.

Arbor extension?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Calhoon View Post
    Darcy,
    i appreciate that. Yes I would like to copy the original and also the arbor extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Walsh View Post
    Arbor extension?
    Yeah, the dado arbor

Hmm,

I’m kinda broke but keep me on the list please.

Just sent the scales for the handwheel to a machinist with a cnc laser engraver. I didn’t even ask what it was gonnna cost. My guess is I’m gonna have to clean my shorts when I get the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    Yeah, the dado arbor

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Walsh View Post
    Hmm,

I’m kinda broke but keep me on the list please.

Just sent the scales for the handwheel to a machinist with a cnc laser engraver. I didn’t even ask what it was gonnna cost. My guess is I’m gonna have to clean my shorts when I get the bill.
    The last ones were not too bad, had arbor, nut and new blade flanges made.

Did anyone succeed in sourcing an arbor extension or riving knife for a Martin T75? I just moved a T75 into my shop and would like to add both! I also have a good machinist friend who could make a few copies from a drawing.

Bump on this thread. Anyone have any updates on their Martin saw projects? Shortly after this thread died out, the previous owner of my T-75 notified me that he found a box of parts for my saw. It included the riving knife bracket, three riving knives, the original wooden saw guard, an extra miter gauge, and extra crosscut stops, along with the miter compensation device, that keeps the crosscut scale accurate when cutting miters. How cool was that!
    I ended up sending the riving knife bracket & riving knives off to be copied for others in need, and the parts were either lost or stolen. I'm not sure. Anyway, now I'm on the needy list for these parts as well, and am reaching out in hopes someone else has found a source for these parts.