Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: St. Patrick's day, how do you celebrate?

I will celebrate it shortly with a good Scotch ale.

Slainte!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I believe I have a wee bit o' Irish blood in me, so we go to the local Irish pub for some music and drinks. This year, we went on the 16th, as they were celebrating all weekend. I drank several Guinnesses, along with several shots of Irish whiskey. We joined some strangers at a table (the pub was very busy) and left as friends. This was after taking in a movie at one of our newly-remodeled theaters (IMAX coming soon...) where they now serve beer, wine and hard cider. Two beers during a movie is a mistake, as I don't get up during a movie.

On Sunday, I drank nary a drop of libation...
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Blog Entries
    I found my pot o’ gold at the end o’ the rainbow. (But I already had them)

DDCEB012-C83C-4F10-A5ED-FD60750D5122.jpg

Blog Entries
    I am an Irish Citizen, though born and raised in the USA. My Grandmother was Born and raised in Galway. And I have been across the pond a couple times and have lots of family in Erie. Beef Stew for supper on Saturday and our Local Movie theater was showing The Quiet Man yesterday. My Great Grandmother had a signed picture of the Duke in her house which she got from himself while they were filming.
    It was wonderful to see a great movie on the big screen. Brought back many fond memories of Family who have passed on. A few black beers were also consumed, but that happens more weekends than not.
    Andrew Gibson
    Program Manger and Resident Instructor
    Florida School Of Woodwork

Yesterday was good, corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes. Now for leftovers. Reuben sandwiches. Jim Koepke mentioned hash. I really like hash. Mine is cube the corned beef, about 1/4 square, potatoes (fresh not leftover) cubed the same, green chilies diced, fry till crunchy a little, eggs on top. Yummy
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    I found my pot o’ gold at the end o’ the rainbow. (But I already had them)

DDCEB012-C83C-4F10-A5ED-FD60750D5122.jpg
    found similar rewards at the end of my rainbow also, rainbows are good things.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Gibson View Post
    I am an Irish Citizen, though born and raised in the USA. My Grandmother was Born and raised in Galway. And I have been across the pond a couple times and have lots of family in Erie. Beef Stew for supper on Saturday and our Local Movie theater was showing The Quiet Man yesterday. My Great Grandmother had a signed picture of the Duke in her house which she got from himself while they were filming.
    It was wonderful to see a great movie on the big screen. Brought back many fond memories of Family who have passed on. A few black beers were also consumed, but that happens more weekends than not.
    Andrew with my ancestors coming from Ireland, I had always wanted to visit it. In late September-early October 2016 my wife and I took a tour of Ireland for 12 days. The Quiet Man is one of my favorite movies and we toured Cong, the villiage near Galway where the movie was filmed. We spent a day in Galway. Enjoyed the city a lot.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I dont, I am English not Irish. I celebrate St George's day on April 23rd.