Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Which Slider Miter Saw to buy?

Blog Entries
    I used washers under the bolts which hold the gauge plate in position and that helped greatly reduce how often I had to make that adjustment. The head tilt is a bigger pita to adjust, but once you get it positioned make certain it’s good and tight.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Wright View Post
    I realize it is a horrors of all horrors idea, but take a hike to your local HF and take a look at their new $400-500 scms. You may be surprised. They have a new higher priced line of power tools targeting small contractors.
    Hercules. I’m looking at that saw. It can’t be that all the 4-5 star reviews are fake. It looks great!

I don’t necessarily think they’re fake. I do think the people writing them have low expectations and just aren’t as discerning as the SMC crowd.

That’s not a dig, just an observation.

I've been looking for myself and have pretty much settled on this model. It's currently on sale for $329 at Lowes and features the front slide rails similar to the Festool Kapex for reduced space requirements. My old saw was a 12" which is also going into my decision as I have two Forrest Chopmaster blades. If I was starting out I'd probably go with a 10" dependent on what he's needing to cut but right now the 12" is quite a bit cheaper than the 10" Metabo.

717709023123.jpg