Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purchasing first Laser with no experience

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitriy Pichugin View Post
    Right, I respect quality of Trotec machines. They are best of the best, which is reflected in machine price.
    That you referring as "under $10k" machines from Trotec line: -- only RayJet machines fall into this category.
    These machines have stepper motors [last time I checked] and relatively small bed size 12x18 or similar.
    To me these machines are great as other machines of Trotec line, but limitation comes mostly from small bed size.
    Trotec Speedy 100 is a great choice for anyone who want 12x24 bed size. When used, these machines are sold from $5k to $9k price range [if you are lucky].
    Trotec Speedy 300 is ideal choice. even in used condition it is super rare find under $10k. I saw two offers under $10k for Speedy 300 [60 and 80 Watt] during last year.
    When buying used system you can check laser hours of the machine from your PC -- it is in machine driver side -- and estimate the load.
    If you happen to buy 7 years old Trotec Speedy which was serviced regularly, you should be fine for next 15+ years, as quality and reliability of the machine is incredible. -- you will pass it to next generation, and your grand kids will use that system and will be thankful.
    Due to incredible reliability of the machines these are rare find in used condition, so catch it if you can. I was not so lucky in this game.
    And yes, new Speedy 300 starts from $16k-$18k easily. -- and this is out of reach for hobbyist or someone who starts on their own.
    From what people say, Trotec provides excellent customer support.

One more thing, Trotec installs ceramic tubes manufactured by Iradion in their machines. Now it is known fact that these tubes are rechargeable, even if you've been told opposite.
    Ceramic is great material for the tub as it does not expand much when temperature goes up, thus less gas leaking due to it...
    However... if your tube is weak, but system still carries warranty -- call Trotec customer support, if it is out of warranty, try evergreenlaser for tube recharge.

The Rayjet is our introductory brand, but it still carries the same degree of support system that of Trotec. The Rayjet 50 is a great little machine but for it's price we even recommend the Speedy 100. Rayjet uses a slimmed down software, along with lacking the Trotec speed. Now the new Rayjet R500 (130w glass tube 36x48") was just released and it's a great startup machine and has very appealing price point and an upgrade/trade-in program to a Speedy Series.
    There's we have a couple Synrad tube models as well but those are 200+ wattages.

You are quite right it's insanely hard to find a used Trotec. To answer that simply, our customer's aren't trying to sell them, but buying additional systems because they've been able to grow so greatly. While I write this there is a customer here to purchase their 2nd Speedy 400 LOL

CRAP! Now I want a scroll saw.
    Nick Long
    BossLaser 1415 50w
    Trotec Speedy 100 45w
    Getting Ready to add Speedy 300 (...oh please...oh please...oh please)

This is a great thread. So it brings up a good question... With soon moving from Win 7 to Win 10 do I now have a large paperweight? Years ago I traded the 3 brown plastic sided lasers for 2 Epilog Lasers. A Radius and a Summit. I still have the Radius but have not used it for 5 years. It needs a recharge and a mirror. I have the mirror and the laser trigger device.

I was hanging on to it to someday get the tube recharged and have a stable Laser for light duty engraving at 25 Watts.....

Looks like the money invested into the a recharge would be better put into a newer higher wattage machine.

Photos from 2007 and 2008.

https://www.epiloglaser.com/tech-sup...og-drivers.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

There's no reason your lasers or the programs to run them need Win 10. I'm still running several machines with XP, some with 7, and running two early '90's graphics programs with Win98...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

This is true..... Good Point...
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".