Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home depot store locataor no longer works.

Home depot store locataor no longer works.

For the last month the hoe Despot web site can not tell me the price or availability of any item. It asks me which is my store. I live 5 miles from three different stores. the store locator says it finds none within 100 miles (max search distance allowed). I have asked all three stores and they say they have no plans to close.
    Bil lD.

The internet gods are saying "Go to Lowes".

Bill,

When I search for stores near Modesto, it gives me three within 6 miles. Might try clearing your browser cache. Or try a different browser.

Try cleaning out browsing data and make sure cookies and Java are allowed.

Moderators- should this discussion be placed in a more appropriate area?

I have the same problem up here with Staples. Whenever I click on "check in store availability" and put in a city or postal code it says "no stores found for that area". I've tried on different computers and different networks with the same result. Even if I put in a city the size of Toronto...same result...

Works fine for me. Try deleting the specific cookies for Home Depot from your browser, shut down the browser, restart the browser and then do the deed. Something might have gotten corrupted.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Make sure your browser is allowing the site to see your location.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I always get stuff 50 miles away because my ISP is located there. It is a real PITA, but there is no fix for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    I always get stuff 50 miles away because my ISP is located there. It is a real PITA, but there is no fix for it.
    Just type your home home address (City, State) into the store locator, pick the closest store and click on "Shop this store." Usually it will remember your chosen store the next time you go back to the web site, but I find that I occasionally have to remind it. I'm 500 miles from home right now, but HD's web site still says I'm shopping my local store.

Works fine here. Tells how many in stock, aisle and bin.

Worked fine for me. I just typed in Modesto and three locations popped up like Gary said. I'm using chrome but have had it mess up on such things. When it does I try it on Internet Explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Ragatz View Post
    Usually it will remember your chosen store the next time you go back to the web site, but I find that I occasionally have to remind it.
    Occasionally?!? Mine forgets about 2 out of 3 times and defaults to the store on the other side of town, for no apparent reason. I usually don't realize it until I get to "my" store and discover the item I want is out of stock and/or the aisle/bin location doesn't exist. I have the same problem with Staples and Best Buy.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I tend to use a search engine, it works better than the store's locator function. Something like "home depot + my town" gets me the correct store on home depot's site so inventory function is available.

I had to use Firefox to do anything with HD website. IE and Edge are useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    Occasionally?!? Mine forgets about 2 out of 3 times and defaults to the store on the other side of town, for no apparent reason. I usually don't realize it until I get to "my" store and discover the item I want is out of stock and/or the aisle/bin location doesn't exist. I have the same problem with Staples and Best Buy.

+1 Home Depot . com I always have to reset my local store.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale