Thread: Blue Flame

Blue Flame

"Blue Flame" This box is made from Sapele The lid is Quarter sawn Sapele and Curly maple 8" D 6.5" tall. The flames are hand carved and colored w/ Deco Art Acrylics
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Handle is Splinterz25 on most forums.

Jack Of All Master Of None

Another beautiful piece Bruce. Love the colors, the overall shape and the way you turned the "spindle" (sorry - dont know the proper term). Just beautiful.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Thank you very much Fred.

Very cool piece. I like the contrast. I'm always amazed how folks can hand carve things and keep them uniform like that. Must take a lot of practice and some very sharp tools.
    USMC '97-'01

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Petersen View Post
    Very cool piece. I like the contrast. I'm always amazed how folks can hand carve things and keep them uniform like that. Must take a lot of practice and some very sharp tools.
    Thank you Adam Yes my Flexcut tools are razor sharp and you have to keep them that way while carving, there are variances in the flame shapes but that shows it was hand carved and not done w/ a router jig.