Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paintings

Paintings

Hello everyone Here's a few of my my paintings.... "Canal" won painting of the week on Face Books Art Gallery International site.
    "Canal" 28" x 18" Acrylic. 3-10-19 that is the one w/ the wind mills, a few of these have already sold.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Handle is Splinterz25 on most forums.

Jack Of All Master Of None

Here are a few more John.

Very nice, Bruce. I, too, like the canal painting. I especially like your water reflections. I, also, like the one with the red flowers and the way the sun washes out the horizon.

Did you ever check out how Bev Doolittle paints water reflections ? She's worth studying, I think.

Nice. Artists show us things only they can see.
    Life's too short to use old sandpaper.

Just got back from doing an out-of-town woodturning demo and saw these. Very impressive - you certainly have wonderful way of seeing things. I love your choice of color, some of what I might refer to as "bold pastels". I also love your sense of composition and balance, foreground/background, water reflections, and beautiful use of light. I think the little wooden bridge is my favorite, or maybe the first one in the second set (with the soft plants with and perfect lighting). Or maybe the boats and buildings! That one reminds me of some places I've seen in Europe.

I'd almost help subsidize your next trip just to see your interpretation of this view in the late afternoon sun from the balcony of a place we stayed in Mulazzo, Italy.

Italy_IMG_0532.jpg

(You can probably see where I did a quick&dirty join of two photos since the lens on my pocket camera wasn't wide enough - the join is immediately to the left of the tower. The perspective is whacky, of course.)

JKJ

Bruce, great stuff ! My favorite is the one with the sun fallen into the field behind the explosion of flowers.
    Beautiful chaos.

My favorite is the one with the windmills. It looks like a place I would like to be.

Thank you john and everyone else. I posted these in a hurry and didn't give the sizes and titles the one's your referring to are (the bridge) is called "Pathways" 20" x 16" Acrylic The second one is "Some Where In Ireland" 16" x 20" Acrylic and the last one w/ the boats is called "Malta" 26" x 20" Acrylic. I make all my own canvases & stretchers and frames when used, here's a sneak peek at my current WHIP still on the ease 30" x 20" untitled so far. I'll post it again when finished.

Bruce
    Excellent work! It would appear that you have visited Monet's gardens. Painting is a hobby of mine but time is an issue.

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Thanks for posting.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Bruce, you have many talents!
    I like everything you do. Thanks for sharing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Me too, I never get tired of looking at creativity, especially when combined with expertise.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    I never get tired of looking at creativity, especially when combined with expertise.

JKJ
    John, I'm amused by your comment. I couldn't agree more. I've seen too many examples of one, not paired with the other. Some of it is not pretty . . .

Holy Moly, they are awesome paintings! Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Bruce
    Excellent work! It would appear that you have visited Monet's gardens. Painting is a hobby of mine but time is an issue.

Thanks for posting.
    Thank you very much Mike, I would like to visit Monets garden some day, for now photos will have to do. Monet style is what set me on the path of painting all though I feel I'm now finding my own style here are two renditions of his work I have done several years ago. "The Road To Gavernie" 20" x 16" Acrylic and "In The Meadow" 28" x 18" Acrylic.

Thanks again John, Daryl, Ron, Mel , Bob, Yonak and Tony for all of the nice comments.