Thread: On-Wall Entertainment Center

On-Wall Entertainment Center

So my wife showed me a picture of an entertainment center on Pinterest that she liked and asked if I could make it. My background in woodworking is primarily rough work like building storage buildings, workbenches etc. I haven't done any furniture pieces yet. There were no plans, just a picture.

Well, I spent a few weeks thinking of how to build this from just a picture and this is what I ended up with. Not exactly like what she showed me, but she was thrilled with the results. The first photo is the picture I had to go by.

Screenshot_20181210-180119_Pinterest.jpg

20181228_182146.jpg

20190113_183110.jpg

20190119_163047.jpg

20190119_220313.jpg

Nicely done!

...1st big project? (probably inferring too much from low post total) If so, welcome to the slippery slope!

"Yes Dear, I can certainly have that finished in time for (blank). I just need a new (insert current tool infatuation)!"

Blog Entries
    Looks like you did a great job. That should make Mama happy. When Mama's happy, everybody is happy.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Sorry about the orientation of pics, must have taken them in portrait mode...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm McLeod View Post
    Nicely done!

...1st big project? (probably inferring too much from low post total) If so, welcome to the slippery slope!

"Yes Dear, I can certainly have that finished in time for (blank). I just need a new (insert current tool infatuation)!"
    Well, my first furniture type piece, have quite a bit experience framing, home remodeling etc.

Nice job and congratulations on bringing your building skills to bear on some finish carpentry. In the first photo of the frame, are the shadows on the bottom side of the shelf from pocket holes? How did you join the upper shelf and the dividers?

Excellent results for a first project! Well done Sir!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I definitely like the painting scheme.

I would have used solid wood instead of plywood. I would have been wrong. Your skills as a carpenter have served you well.