I have resisted for years taking any paid work because I like to do what I want, when I want, in the shop. But I finally broke down and accepted a commission for a large shadow box to house a 34" bat, a ball and some photos of Sam Rice, hall of fame baseball player, who is from Morocco IN. It will be displayed at the Scott Lucas House, a national historic home in Morocco. But it's complicated because they want to be able to take it to the library, to the county fair, to god-knows-where and then back to the SL House. So it's gotta travel well, and not be overly hefty. The SL House is all QSWO, so that's decided. And craftsman style, so ok to that. And gotta have tempered glass. And I'm thinking it should stand up, not lay flat. The pictures will be in minimal black frames, so they can be held in place with with dbl stick tape, or small screws thru the back. The inside dimensions need to be 36 x 24 or there-a-bouts. What has me a bamboozled is how to secure the bat - it's pretty heavy - without harming it with screws and such, and without introducing something gross like zip ties or plumber strap. All suggestions welcome, and, frankly, encouraged. I'm thinking a lighter, more delicate this:

2019-03-14_16h31_22.jpg