Thread: Wadkin RS6 Spindle Removal

Wadkin RS6 Spindle Removal

I have a Wadkin RS6 that I may need to remove the spindle on and have no idea on how to remove the spindle pulley. The only think I can see on the pulley is an unthreaded hole. There is also a hole in the spindle that is used for the spindle lock. Is it possible that the pulley is threaded on to the spindle and is removed by inserting bars into the holes to unscrew the pulley?

I need to replace the outboard bearing as the plastic retainer for the rollers is broken allowing the rollers to bunch up. Does anyone have any information on this gearing?
    As plan "B" I am thinking of machining the spindle to take a standard deep groove 6209 bearing. The bore in the headstock is 85mm.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Peter
    IMG_20190311_103150286 (Medium) (2).jpgIMG_20190311_103146505 (Medium).jpg

Reach out to
    jack forsberg
    a member on this site most likely Jack can answer your questions. He is a Wadkin guru.

Tony
    "Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.”
    Friedrich von Schiller (1759-1805)

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."
    Henry Ford

What’s on the other side of the shaft? Looks like a pin goes in the hole in the shaft and you might unthread it?

The hole is for the spindle lock and does not go through. The shaft is hollow and I use a vacuum chuck system on it.
    PEter

Have you tried contacting Wadkin? They are still in business and were recently very helpful to me on a moulder issue.