Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going Price for PM 3520A?

The serial number should tell you when it was built.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Wright View Post
    The serial number should tell you when it was built.
    My 3520A has the date on the motor plate.

The price of my 3520A was $1900 about 2 years ago IIRC from a local auction site. The bidding was pretty active. It came with some tools but less than needed to turn anything.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    I am guessing Equipment Sales and Surplus out of WA state
    Yup, they are the authorized outlet for damaged PowerMatic and Jet. BUT, they do NOT ship. You must pick up. Both Russell and I know who they are I used the ESS rather then name. But that is about the cost of one of their restored 3520C's.
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.

This is why we shop at ESS when we can, $1495 for a PM1000 Powermatic table saw.
    Last edited by John K Jordan; 03-20-2019 at 11:08 AM. Reason: live ebay link
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Neyman View Post
    The post included a photograph of "miscellaneous tools" which didn't impress me. The photo of the lathe showed it with a chuck so I assume that is included, but there's no guarantee.

This discussion confirms my feeling that the price is too high by about a grand.
    At least, today ESS has a new 2020 for $2720
    Last edited by John K Jordan; 03-20-2019 at 8:06 PM. Reason: direct links to ebay not permitted on SMC

ESS EquipmentSalesandSurplus is unique in its ability to provide you with "straight from the warehouse surplus" from JET, Powermatic, Wilton, Oliver, Performax, Columbian, and Conquest; as well as unmatched pricing on NEW items from all of these premium names1801 W Valley Hwy N, Ste 105, Auburn, WA 98001

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Lindberg View Post
    Yup, they are the authorized outlet for damaged PowerMatic and Jet. BUT, they do NOT ship. You must pick up.
    I've asked them about shipping before and they seemed willing to do it. The problem is that you pay the full cost of freight shipping, which is often too expensive to make it worth buying one of the surplus machines. Especially if a new machine can be had with free shipping. It's possible they have changed their policy and will no longer ship surplus machines.

Are they willing to do it or just willing to let you set it up and load it onto a delivery truck? If you set up the shipping then you have to deal with them if they damage it.