Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minimax FS 35 Smart

My FS350 has a 4.8HP motor and I suspect it's the same one on FS35.

Ok. Thank you very much

Yes, that's correct...it's a 4.8HP motor and runs very nicely on a 30amp 240v circuit. The FS35 Smart is "prettier" than the FS350 that Mresa and I both own, but is "more or less" the same machine. I just milled a "whole bunch" of 6/4 soft maple to 30mm finished and even with worn knives still on the machine, I'm really happy with the result.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

My older FS35 (yellow) has about a 3.5 HP motor. If there is one shortcoming about it, it's the lack of power when planing. It's fine jointing, though I never take a cut deeper than 1 mm. Planing full width is limited to 1/16" in most hardwoods. You could never put a segmented head on mine w/o upgrading the motor.

John

Hey guys just wanted to close the loop on this thread. Over the weekend I went and picked up that FS35. It had clearly seen gentle use other than the one broken belt we discovered under it when moving it onto the trailer. One heavy beast for sure. Does anyone have thoughts on where to source belts locally? My local Napa looked at me like I had 3 heads when I asked about getting some. Im going to stop at Grainger today as well but any thoughts on an aftermarket belt source appreciated. Thanks for all the great advice!!

Congrats!!!

You might contact Sam Blasco ... he may know of alternative sources for the belts.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Good for you Mike. I'm sure you're really going to like your machine. Mine has a single, standard V-belt on it. You might get help with what's on your machine from SCM Parts Pronto: https://spareparts.scmgroupna.com/

John