Thread: Anyone else having a problem with vendors not using common sense when shipping?

Anyone else having a problem with vendors not using common sense when shipping?

I've found for the last 6-12 months my vendors are doing a terrible job shipping stuff out. It's either poorly packed or they break up the shipments in 3-4 boxes rather than 1-2.

Anyone else suffering?
    Last edited by Ross Moshinsky; 03-08-2019 at 11:04 AM.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

If you're talking vendors such as Marco or Johnson, who have warehouses all over the country, none of which stock all of the items they sell, then yeah! -IF they don't charge separate shipping for each package, then the only issue I honestly have is the extra cardboard to recycle. And I also consider it 'poor packaging' when like yesterday, the wife got a second shipment of a single order , a 4 oz package of dog treats sent in a 16x12x8" box

As for biz supplies, I have a Marco warehouse 4 miles away, Delvies is 7 miles away, and my Gravograph rep who carries most Gravograph engraving materials and basic machine repair and maintenance items in stock is 8 miles away. So very rare that I have to have anything biz-related shipped, and it's usually sheet stock, which Marco and Johnson's so far have packaged quite nicely...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Moshinsky View Post
    I've found for the last 6-12 months my vendors are doing a terrible job shipping stuff out. It's either poorly packed or they break up the shipments in 3-4 boxes rather than 1-2.

Anyone else suffering?
    Common sense, in my experience, is neither common nor sensible.

A rare commodity that should be cultivated when found.
    Homemade 6W 900x500mm diode engraver
    600x900mm Reci W4 with Ruida 6442G
    300x200mm 50W desktop hacked to bits with mods
    ...waiting on a 1325 Reci W8...