Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sources for 6” Flexible Ducting that’s not crazy tight on metal fittings

I have spiral pipe, but on one fitting, could not get the flex over the fitting, so used a coupling to slide the hose onto, and just stick the coupling into the pipe above.

Quote Originally Posted by James Biddle View Post
    Are you having an issue putting the hose onto a Norfab hose adapter or their pipe?
    The hose adapter
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Have you tried using a little soapy water to lubricate the hose a bit. I had to do that a couple times for some of my hand crimped pipe to hose connections.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

I have not used these fittings - But thinking.. could a person cut 3 or 4 kerfs w a fine hacksaw, small cutting wheel, etc and then ever so slightly bend in the tabs to reduce the OD at the end of the nipple and slightly taper it ?

Marc
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me

What I did : Using some sheet metal, I made a 6" long piece of pipe, small enough to fit inside the metal pipe and inside the flex pipe, and then caulk and clamp the three together.
    No PHD, but I have a DD 214

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    Have you tried using a little soapy water to lubricate the hose a bit. I had to do that a couple times for some of my hand crimped pipe to hose connections.
    I tried with water, but not with any soap or other lubricant. I'll have to give this a try for the next hose fittings.

I found some 6" black rubber hose that I think will fit easier than the vinyl, but it's crazy expensive.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Jeske View Post
    I have not used these fittings - But thinking.. could a person cut 3 or 4 kerfs w a fine hacksaw, small cutting wheel, etc and then ever so slightly bend in the tabs to reduce the OD at the end of the nipple and slightly taper it ?

Marc
    So why not this ?

Make the cuts like 2" or so long.

Marc
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me