Thread: Corel Draw with LightBurn

Corel Draw with LightBurn

Hey guy's I downloaded LightBurn and loaded it, it runs fine. But can I interface it with Corel Draw and use my Corel Draw for my design and go to LightBurn for the laser? If it will tie in how do I do that?

Thanks,

Terry
    BEC Fiber Laser 50 watts with Rotary Attachment and supplied EzCad
    Nice Cut 1600x1200 100 watt Reci with supplied RDWorks and Corel Draw X8, Rotary attachment
    Shenhui 350 50 watts with supplied RDWorksV8
    Sherline CNC Milling Machine
    Concrete Printer CNC Engraver

Save your Corel work as a .dxf, .svg, .ai or one of the other compatible formats. Import the file into Lightburn.
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

It has already been stated, but to reinforce just export from corel....I use primarily DXF, and import into LightBurn. It will recognize the different colors and set up a layer for each and then you can apply whatever power and speed strategy you can to each "Layer" It also works great to bring over drawings directly from autocad if you ever have occasion to do that. One thing I have found to be quite helpful is the the ability to simply uncheck a layer and turn it off. Really nice to for example have a layer that represents the perimeter of a part. Engrave it once, onto some sacrificial substrate below, then turn it off and you have yourself a perfect alignment mark for your finished item which is now ready to engrave simply by turning those layers on. LightBurn is truly exceptional!