Thread: Laguna Revo 18-36 switch problems

Colby, Washington. Just across the Puget Sound from Seattle, near Blake Island.

Laguna Revo 18-36 switch problems

Before I get to the technical topic, allow me to add my name to the list of people who are unimpressed with Laguna Tools Customer Support. I've called multiple times looking for help with a Revo 18-36 on/off switch problem, and I've been able to talk to anyone or get any return calls. Most of the time the phone just rings, and their "automated" directory is worthless, too.

So, here's our problem. The on/off switch on a 4-year-old lathe was intermittent, then quit altogether, so we ordered a new one. The new one was slightly different, but seems to be essentially the same design. My friend and I installed it and it worked, BUT the lathe won't stay running. It's as though some clicking mechanism that holds the switch contacts together is missing. I've installed it, taken it out and disassembled it, re-installed it several times with the same result. Any ideas? With Laguna's Tech Support missing in action, I'm at a loss what I should do next.

Who knows--? Perhaps someone from the company who really cares about their consumers (I think this is a very nice lathe) might read this and respond. They have my name, phone number, and email because I left it on their website.

Russell Neyman

Writer - Woodworker - Historian
    Instructor: The Woodturning Experience
    Puget Sound, Washington State

"Outside of a dog, there's nothing better than a good book; inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

Colby, Washington. Just across the Puget Sound from Seattle, near Blake Island.
    OK, a few hours later the "stink" I was making (I sent multiple notes and left messages) finally prompted a phone call. Laguna is rushing two replacement parts to us, and I'll keep you posted. The Customer Service Tech apologized for the delay and agreed that there are some difficulties in their customer support system.

What I learned is that the green/red on/off switch on the Revo 18-36 is simply a trigger to a relay also contained in the control box, and that is possibly the problem.

Russell Neyman

Writer - Woodworker - Historian
    Instructor: The Woodturning Experience
    Puget Sound, Washington State

"Outside of a dog, there's nothing better than a good book; inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

Russell,

I replaced mine. There is a diagram in the manual indicating how to connect the wires. You will need to find it as no instructions came with mine.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.