Thread: Y'all might notice a bit of an increase in business--

Y'all might notice a bit of an increase in business--

-or not, depending on location -

Just had some nice lady show up at the house all frantic- she had a clock she bought at Things Remembered, and was to take it back to be engraved-
    She took it back-- they're closed. According to her, they're ALL closed, nationwide--

Some googling came up with a January story about them filing Chap11 and may be closing all their stores, looks like it may have come to pass.

Honestly, I don't know how most Mall businesses cover the exorbitant rent, especially these days when everyone has a Mall glued to their hands.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

That's not all good. The massive engraving costs at Things Remembered helps me look good when I can provide better quality for a bit less.

...Jan 23 (Reuters) - Things Remembered Inc, a U.S. retailer that sells engraved gifts and keepsakes, is preparing to file for bankruptcy protection in the coming days and shutter most of its roughly 400 stores,
    Last edited by Tim Bateson; 03-04-2019 at 3:01 PM.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Not all TR stores are closing. We have at least 2 in STL that will remain open and there are others around the country.

They were selling their IS400's at $1500 each less software. I didn't inquire about their other equipment.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7