Thread: One lucky dude

One lucky dude

I was cutting some Crosses out just finished one and moved the laser head over to do the next one. hit start and the laser wasn't cutting.ok lift door and shut door thinking door safety watched for a few seconds still not firing, shut it off checked water Oh Oh somehow the return line fell out of the water bucket and pumed all the water all over the floor. Water pump was smoking. My heart sank as I know the tube burned up and the pump. Fill the water bucket pump turned on OK whew open the back up check to make sure all the air was out of tube and let it run a few mins hit the laser and wow she started cutting again. Never has that return tube fell out before. Seem to be cutting ok for now.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

The 'no water' safety switch in the coolers are worth their weight in glass -- when I changed out my 3000 for the 5200, about 2 days later it blew off one of the hoses...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I zip tie the return tube to the one connected to the pump. It can't come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    The 'no water' safety switch in the coolers are worth their weight in glass -- when I changed out my 3000 for the 5200, about 2 days later it blew off one of the hoses...
    Both my Chinese lasers have had water flow switches that worked. Ditto what was said about the zip ties.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

zip tyes good idea thanx
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander