Thread: Anyone ever used these?

Anyone ever used these?

http://www.leevalley.com/us/hardware...,43620&p=76935

I'm thinking of using these in a desk. These would make it more flexible in desktop space when needed.

Jim

I have not used that hardware. However, I lived in house once that had a cutting board that pulled out onto two runners that slid back into the cabinet when joy needed. Just two strips of wood on edge, and corresponding pocket to slide them into.

Worked great to provide more worksurface when needed yet still retracted when not needed

Jim, I could be wrong, but I think those are a recently introduced new item.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Yeah I haven't seen this before but find the concept interesting for a desk.

Jim

The drawing is very misleading. If the panels are stored inside they have to be shorter then the outside of the cabinet. If you have very many panels they have to be that much shorter and shorter yet to clear the hardware. Any extension quickly adds leverage so the desk becomes tippy on the extension side.
    Reminds me of the tip out ironing boards for some reason. A good idea but very shaky in use.
    Bill D