Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dining Table Build

Nice! I love the bow tie. When I was in High School I made a trestle table as a gift for my Mother. My folks used it as a family dinner table until after I moved away. It had a "flaw" in the wood (knot I think) that I initially thought ruined the continuity of the top. It didn't take me long to realize it was really a focal point and probably the best part. That location became the preferred seat at the table. I'll bet yours will too.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

That table looks great!

Thanks for the positive responses. I actually have grown to like the butterfly the more I look at it. It adds a little bit of interest and is a conversation starter about the wood. At first when this pocket of sap showed up I was extremely disappointed and didn't know what I was going to do. I had zero extra wood left over to replace this piece or any other piece on the table. This added to my fear of the entire build and made me really take my time and think everything out. Overall I'm very pleased with the finished table as is the boss lady. Now we just need to figure out the carpet.