Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pants pants pants

I have been pretty happy with Carhartts which I wear pretty much every day. I have worn the knees out of a few pair but like to think I got my money's worth before then. I do have a pair of Wrangler work pants with reinforced knees. They are pretty heavy duty, and probably wouldn't wear them out somewhere (at least my wife probably wouldn't let me...). I have a few things from Duluth I really like. I will look at their shirts based on input here.

I also saw these some time ago. http://www.leevalley.com/us/hardware...1894&cat=71948
    Don't think I would spend that much on a pair of pants but they look pretty slick.
    Regards,

Kris

Levi 501, Costco, Walmart???? You guys must have a big waist compared to your legs. Actually there isn't a Levi anything that I can get my legs in that isn't at least 4" too big in the waist. I mean, that is all for someone that has a belly that is bigger than the top of their pants.

Used to do 501’s when younger, got into Wrangler 13mwz’s during my cowboy days, last few years i have been very happy with Kuhl’s “Born in the mountains” and have been very happy with them.

Carhartt fleece lined double knee. I have been wearing the same six pair for five years now. They are the only pants I own other than a suit. They are all covered in glue, caulking, roofing tar from ice and water shield and just about everything else you can imagine. The knees all have holes at this point and a few belt loops have given way. It’s timemto pony up another $250 for anothe five pair. Seems like a bargain to me.

Blog Entries
    My favorite wear for a couple of decades has been Dickies painters pants:

https://www.dickies.com/mens-clothin...ainters-pants/

There is also free shipping on orders over $50. Back in my trimmer days of youth my favorite was Levis' 501 jeans.

For my build, these are the most comfortable pants at a good price on the market.

When they arrive, a fine tipped sharpie is used to write the last number of the year around the fly button. This lets me keep the new ones separate from older pairs.

It seems every time a purchase is made from them they send you discount codes. Maybe a sign up for the news letter will get a discount offer before a purchase.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Andrew View Post
    Nobody is cheaper than me.
    You win !!

I'm not quite as cheap as Jim, but I have found Wrangler to be great work jeans--I always get the carpenter style. Two pair probably last me a year or so. However, this last go-round, I decided to try the Dickies Flex. They seem to work, but I don't think they had "relaxed fit", which would be better for me due to my odd shape of no hips, but large thighs (thanks, cycling!). Don't know on the longevity of them, yet, as I've only had them a couple months or so. Both the Dickies and Wrangler set me back about $20/pair, so the Wranglers had earned their keep.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

For years I wore wrangler jeans and wrangler chambray shirts when at home. I had to wear dress clothes for work. The chambray shirts were the best to me. They would wear so thin the air would go right through them, just perfect for summer. I wore the same thing so much that the grand kids would ask if I ever changed my clothes. Found Duluth and now I have some color in my life. Still wear wrangler jeans tho.
    Jim

I got my Duluth pants yesterday. They seem quite substantial and well made. I haven't tried them on yet as I washed them first thing and they're still drying. I suspect I'll have to do some tailoring, however, as they didn't have my size available.

I wear Cabela's brand comfort fit jeans. That is all I wear unless we're going out for dinner. Wear like iron, comfortable, $20 per pair on sale. These jeans and my Champion sweat shirts are my unifrom of the day. No ironing for either.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Blog Entries
    Just received an email from Dickies announcing free shipping with no minimum.

Not sure how long the free shipping will last.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Yonak, I often have to do the dance around inseam length...31" is "perfect" but most often I have to choose between 30" and 32". One shows socks more than I prefer and one gets dirty with ground contact more than I prefer. LOL
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

My first step in my pants journey. I picked up some Dickies Carpenter pants at Walmart (minor throwup in my mouth-don’t like that place). The pants seem just about the same as my Carhartts I have, same types of pockets, hammer loop etc, maybe a hair thinner material but for $24 it’s hard to complain.
    I’ll be in Chicago next week for the Big10 tournament and i’ll Try to stop by a Duluth Trading store.

Duluth has some of the DuluthFlex pants on sale right now and they have been my favorite. Hopefully, the prices will hold until you get to visit the store, Matt.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks Jim. I’ll need to also consider if one pair of Duluth are worth 3 dickies.