Thread: Farmhouse Table

Farmhouse Table

Hello all, I've just found this forum and this is my first post. In my work (pipe organs) I have done a lot of different woodworking projects, building various organ components. But this is my first pass at furniture for the house.

I'm in the Philadelphia area and recently learned of a neat place called Manayunk Timber, where I acquired the old Doug Fir I'm using for the table top. Right now I don't have heated workshop space at home so I'm working in the basement.

I'll add some photos when I'm back on wifi.

Welcome to the Creek. Lots of people here use basements, garages, unseated sheds etc. Tables are a great project to start, useful and appreciated by the family not so hard to build and big confidence booster!
    ​You can do a lot with very little! You can do a little more with a lot!

Welcome Adam.

I've built a farmhouse table and plan to build another one this summer. I love the style but I workout of my driveway and move my tools in and out of the garage. Storing a table for any amount of time during the build is tough as I don't have the room. If I did I would build more of them to sell.
    Marshall
    ---------------------------
    A Stickley fan boy.

Adam, I look forward to the photos of your project. I'll be interested in learning about Manayunk Timber, too, since d-fir has become a favorite of mine due to a recent large kitchen island project I did for a client/friend.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Your working space description brought to mind my first large project completed in my basement shop. It is a large cabinet for a CRT television that, of course, was replaced by flat panel units a couple of years after it was built. My basement steps have a 90 degree turn and I had to remove one of the upper steps to get the 6' tall cabinet around the corner. All's well that ends well! Best of luck with your all your ventures.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!