Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It only took me 59 years to figure out how to put a credit card in my wallet

It only took me 59 years to figure out how to put a credit card in my wallet

I did not want to tag onto the blind hanging thread. I figured out last year that it is best to put a credit card upside down in the slot in my wallet. By upside down I mean the front face is still showing . This way the raised letters and numbers stick up above the leather and you can easily slide it out with your thumb. Much easier then trying to slide it with the slick/smooth top portion. Try it, You'll like it
    Bill D.

Easier to fall out too.

Has the added advantage that when I pull it out with my left hand (the usual way), the chip is positioned the right way.

So you learned this just as they stopped putting raised numbers on them. Great.

I'm trying to figure out how to make it more difficult to get the credit card out of my wallet.

Blog Entries
    My bank switched to a smooth card recently.
    I know just what you mean, Bill. It's much more difficult to get my card out.
    Before, with the raised digits, it was so easy.
    Now I usually have to pull out the whole pile of cards you have to carry nowdays.
    I'm concerned about losing one or more when I have to do that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonak Hawkins View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how to make it more difficult to get the credit card out of my wallet.
    My wife is working on that.....for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Jobe View Post
    My bank switched to a smooth card recently.
    Two of my cards are now "smoothies"...AMEX and my Amazon VISA. The former is also metal. Both are laser engraved rather than using the raised molded numbers which tend to become hard to read over time and as noted, provide resistance to coming out of one' wallet when needed. And it's a natural law that they are harder to get out when you are also in an awkward situation.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

The two I use still have raised numbers. After destroying the magnetic strip on one Amex card I started reversing on so the raised letters are facing and the strips are protected.

The card pocket in my wallet encloses the cards completely but since my fingers still work OK I have no problem getting either out quickly. Maybe I'd spend less if they were hard to remove.

My new Capital One card has the chip on the opposite side, so it's always upside down now.
    Gerry

JointCAM

Blog Entries
    Why don't they mandate a universal design of card readers as well as signature devices?
    They'd still have time to vote themselves a raise AND get in 18 holes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonak Hawkins View Post
    Easy peasy, place your credit cards on your dresser before putting the wallet in your pocket when leaving home.

You can't pull the card out of your wallet if it isn't there.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Not really in line with the topic exactly, but to do with carrying cards. After our bank started charging for replacement cards, their pocket life went down substantially. I started keeping mine in one of the little SafeT sleeves. They're supposed to stop someone from pocket scanning it, but I didn't buy them for that purpose. I carry a little business card wallet that only carries a couple of cards on each side. Since putting the card, and my driver's license in the SafeT sleeves, I have not had to get a single replacement card because the card wore out. They will last until the bank sends out a regularly scheduled replacement. Speed of exit from my pocket, the "wallet", and sleeve has never been a worry.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Easy peasy, place your credit cards on your dresser before putting the wallet in your pocket when leaving home.

You can't pull the card out of your wallet if it isn't there.

jtk
    That's some great 12 step work!

I use my cards as "cash" (never carry a balance) so I'd rather leave the cash at home. LOL I only carry a little for true emergencies and use a card wallet that doesn't technically even have provisions for cash.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...