Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non slip surface for step stool

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Aumiller View Post
    Put a coat of clear varnish, etc on it.... while still wet, sprinkle it with a handful of sand... easy, simple, cheap and it works...
    I have never done that.. but I think it is a great idea and very simple... Put the Varnish or whatever on and totally cover it w the sand.

Let it sit a few days, then shake and rub excess sand off.

My point is.. just DUMP on the sand.. what will stick will stick.

Marc
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me

Off-topic but anyone know if that rustoleum stuff can go over bare aluminum? Never heard of it before but I’m thinking of the alu steps on my ladders, which have too many ribs for grip tape.

Erik

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    Off-topic but anyone know if that rustoleum stuff can go over bare aluminum? Never heard of it before but I’m thinking of the alu steps on my ladders, which have too many ribs for grip tape.

Erik
    Erik, I've use the Rustoleum stuff & it's good for what it is; a slightly grippy visually neutral coating. Haven't used it on aluminum, but I think it would quickly wear off in those conditions. Try heating the steps with a heat gun & then apply the grip tape with a rubber roller. I have had good success getting it to conform to uneven surfaces that way.

Ok good answers, now to hijack the thread a little, Bill mentioned a nonslip wax. That might be useful on my bench top where nothing abrasive would work. Anyone familiar with it?

The skateboard type sheets and the 3M by the foot stuff is WAYYYYYYY more grippy than anything else.

Marc
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me