Thread: I have to make 8 wood screen doors.

I have to make 8 wood screen doors.

Like it says...I'm looking for black metal screen & storm panel stock...I can find everything except black...Any help would be appreciated.

Our Lowes stocks black, aluminum screen. Sorry, not sure what you mean by "panel stock".

No way I'd take that project on. I'd just buy the doors. Too much work for very little gain to me. Now let me try to be helpful:

You can get both aluminum and plastic screening in black. If you are talking about glass or very thin metal/plastic storm panels, I have no idea. You can get trex like material (polyethylene?) in thin panels, but it's pricey. You could also make them from marine plywood. Or perhaps composite fence pickets. I've used these to trim out hardie board. They are cheap and easy to work with. Or maybe vertical vinyl siding? Composite facia?
    Last edited by tom lucas; 02-24-2019 at 6:36 PM.

Thanks for the answers. Not looking for the screening I'm looking for material for the frame. The reason why I'm making them is they want them to match their doors. Factory made doesn't...

So are you making these out of wood ?
    1 1/8 or 5/4 wood ?
    Or are you looking for metal screen framing? Like you would find on a storm window ?

Not sure what you are asking for either.
    we do a few wood screen doors and use metal framed screening set into a rabbit held with threaded inserts os they can put in a storm insert framed the same way if desired.

These are dark bronze. Not sure if black is available. Check with Strybuc.
    115FE6F9-DDE9-4F1D-AAE9-38828C9CC27A.jpg

That,s what I'm looking for in black...Wood door will be 5/4

Joe...we make those inserts also. I work at a Glass Shop.

Jay....I have never seen that framing in Black. Standard colors are White, Bronze, Alum

you could take some alum and get it powder coated I suppose, if you had a source to do that. I don't think regular spray paint would stick very well to it.

Mike, we buy those from the local glass shop and that is the only colors they offer also. Agree that painting alum usually does not work.