Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tally Ho

Another "watched them all" fan. What impresses me most if the quality of workmanship. Leo went through a lot of people before settling with the crew he now has and it was worth it.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

I am a big fan of Leo and Tally Ho. Desinged by Albert Strange in 1909
    The Fastnet Rock and Light house are also called the "The Irish Teardrop" off of the Isle of Wight the last land the Irish refugees would see of the homeland on the way to America or other places of refuge.
    Drawing below unfinished. I have much graphite to lay down and even more to erase.
    1928 winner of the Fastnet race NIÑA a staysail schooner designed by Starling Burgess 1927
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by John S Howland; 04-21-2024 at 11:49 AM.

Yesterday’s (4/20) installment reveals they will get the boat in the water for next weekend’s video drop. With the delay between recording and posting it’s likely already been launched. It’s been a long time coming.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Interesting subject. I have skimmed over some of those videos and it's amazing what he's doing. Brought back memories. I sailed in the Pacific Northwest for years and have spent much time in Pt. Townsend. Several years ago I met up with friends and their boat at Neah Bay (NW tip of the continental US) to ride along for the last leg home after a part-way-around-the-world journey. This is a picture of what was hanging in the slings in the marina at Pt. Townsend when we got there. If you want nautical craftsmanship, Pt. Townsend is a good place to look for it.

R9A09_022.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luter View Post
    Yesterday’s (4/20) installment reveals they will get the boat in the water for next weekend’s video drop. With the delay between recording and posting it’s likely already been launched. It’s been a long time coming.
    And..... It's in the water. There's a few stealth photos out there.

Screenshot 2024-04-25 145157.jpg
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Blog Entries
    Remarkable! I tried to watch my old VHS version of The Last Sailors the other day and decided I need to get a digital copy. Leo & Tally Ho would fit in nicely along side many of the boats and sailors in that film.

https://smallcraftadvisor.com/the-la...elles-dvd.html

Rob, I sent the kids a cold snip of your image. I think my Kred went up a tiny bit. They are big fans

Screen Shot 2024-04-25 at 8.16.33 PM 2.jpg Screen Shot 2024-04-25 at 8.18.51 PM.jpeg
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 04-25-2024 at 9:37 PM.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luter View Post
    And..... It's in the water. There's a few stealth photos out there.

Screenshot 2024-04-25 145157.jpg
    I suspect it was in the water before Leo's last video.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening