Thread: SuperMax 19-38 Tables.......how I finally leveled them.

SuperMax 19-38 Tables.......how I finally leveled them.

Just wanted to share my final take on leveling the tables. The gentleman from Supermax was close, probably got me started in the right direction.

1. Install bracket assembly to base of sander with two large Allen head bolts. Tighten top Allen head bolts until finger tight.
    2. Tighten same bolts with Allen wrench until you feel it grab and get harder to turn, but no farther.
    3. With table on and all 4 carriage bolts loose. Make sure the table is at it’s lowest position on the carriage bolt slots.
    4. Using the pressure of the sander belt, sandwich two 4’ levels (or equal height straight edges) between the sander head and conveyor belt.
    5. Using the bottom set screw on the bracket, start adjusting the table up to co-planer with the level. I ended up with maybe a 1/8” gap between the table top and bottom of level. If you can’t get it co-planer, loosen the large top bolt slightly and then adjust the bottom set screw to bring the table closer to co-planer. It only has to be co-planer by eye.
    6. Once the table was co-planer I tightened the larger bolts on top, which may adjust your table again. You might have to tweak ever so slightly again using the large bolt and set screw.
    7. Once large bolt it tightened and close to co-planer, push table up to touch bottom of level and tighten carriage bolts.
    8. Remove levels and fold table down. Lift table back up and lock into position.
    9. I put the levels back on, but didn’t sandwich this time. I made final adjustments to the table by loosening the carriage bolts and repositioning as needed (was ever so slight).
    10. Folded down table and raised again. (Everything seemed to hold after that).

That seemed to get me there. Like the tech said, their instructions suck. Just toss them in the trash.

Hope that helps!
    If over thinking was an Olympic event, I'd win Gold every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fox View Post
    Just wanted to share my final take on leveling the tables. The gentleman from Supermax was close, probably got me started in the right direction.

1. Install bracket assembly to base of sander with two large Allen head bolts. Tighten top Allen head bolts until finger tight.
    2. Tighten same bolts with Allen wrench until you feel it grab and get harder to turn, but no farther.
    3. With table on and all 4 carriage bolts loose. Make sure the table is at it’s lowest position on the carriage bolt slots.
    4. Using the pressure of the sander belt, sandwich two 4’ levels (or equal height straight edges) between the sander head and conveyor belt.
    5. Using the bottom set screw on the bracket, start adjusting the table up to co-planer with the level. I ended up with maybe a 1/8” gap between the table top and bottom of level. If you can’t get it co-planer, loosen the large top bolt slightly and then adjust the bottom set screw to bring the table closer to co-planer. It only has to be co-planer by eye.
    6. Once the table was co-planer I tightened the larger bolts on top, which may adjust your table again. You might have to tweak ever so slightly again using the large bolt and set screw.
    7. Once large bolt it tightened and close to co-planer, push table up to touch bottom of level and tighten carriage bolts.
    8. Remove levels and fold table down. Lift table back up and lock into position.
    9. I put the levels back on, but didn’t sandwich this time. I made final adjustments to the table by loosening the carriage bolts and repositioning as needed (was ever so slight).
    10. Folded down table and raised again. (Everything seemed to hold after that).
    Are you using the open base or the closed base? Probably the open base.