Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Actual Kreg Track Saw

Actual Kreg Track Saw

Not a guided circular saw. A dedicated track saw with accessories too. That's right,what? I was looking at track saws today and saw an ad for this: https://www.kregtool.com/store/c72/a...utting-system/ . It says its coming soon and a quick search reveals no tests or reviews yet. So what do y'all think? It kind of looks like a Triton knock off probably made by the same offshore company. I wonder how good the MFD style table is.

Edit: Clicked around a bit here's their promo page: https://www.kregtool.com/landing/ada...ng-system.aspx .

Last edited by Bryan Cramer; 02-22-2019 at 4:08 PM.
    My woodworking theory: Measure with a micrometer, Mark with chalk, Cut with an ax.

I think they're going to have a hit with that. It looks very well thought out.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I'm seriously thinking of selling my laguna table saw and getting the Adaptive Cutting System. With that and a router for dados I should be able to do everything my table saw does and do it safer. It also goes well with my need to be portable. Just stoer against the wall then move it out into the driveway to work.

The shipping date is supposed to be March 1st.
    Marshall
    ---------------------------
    A Stickley fan boy.

Marshall don't sell your table saw until you have used a track saw for awhile. I tried with my Festool TS and MFT and decided it isn't able to be a full replacement.

No way would i sell my TS for a track saw. Don’t buy into the marketing hype that is trying to sell you on a tool that can do it all.

This Kreg TS was posted a week or two ago by they way if you want to read more responses to it. I agree it does look promising.

Interesting that this saw is a left-sided blade saw.

Marshall, I'll too would not be without my table saw, actually I run two table saws and wouldn't give either. I wouldn't give up the track saw either! This Kreg looks interesting.

I think it will sell well. I have the Kreg Accu Cut what I would call a 'poor man's track saw' and I have used it a lot with my Bosch circular saw (I also have the Kreg Accu Rip). Some of the reviews are less than stellar I know. For me it has made breaking down plywood much easier. Everything I have bought from Kreg has been money well spent. Their Precision Trak and Stop system (bought it for my miter saw station) for example is superb. Anyway if their new track saw system proves good, the pricepoint will make it a big seller.

Thanks for the concern guys. I simply don't have the funds for the ACS and my Laguna Fusion F2 isn't quite a year old yet. I doubt I would get a good price for it and that would get SWMBO mad at me.

My reasoning is that I have a bad right knee (an old Army injury from 40 years ago) and it sometimes wants to buckle on me. It is getting to be a more more frequent occurrence as I get older. I have this fear of it happening while cutting wood at the table saw. The outcome of that probably won't be very pretty and guaranteed to be painful.

I have the Kreg AccuCut and RipCut along with a compound miter saw so that will hold me until I can afford the ACS. Unfortunately the table only works with the track saw. I'll just make do with what I have for now.

SWMBO sees that I'm not using the table saw and keeps asking why I bought it if I'm not going to use it. That biases her against any more tool purchases.
    Marshall
    A Stickley fan boy.

Anybody know if the table adaptive system will work with my new Makita track saw? From pics, I see my saw, with the blade on the opposite side would run left to right, rather than the right to left of the Kreg saw, but the track seems to be configured about the same.

Hoping the Makita track would fit the hardware for the Kreg setup.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

The track looks like it is connected with a t-track nut(oval with a threaded hole). Looks like it would work on any track.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    Anybody know if the table adaptive system will work with my new Makita track saw? From pics, I see my saw, with the blade on the opposite side would run left to right, rather than the right to left of the Kreg saw, but the track seems to be configured about the same.

Hoping the Makita track would fit the hardware for the Kreg setup.
    This has been Kreg's official response to any "Will it work with a XXX saw"

The Kreg 62" Guide Track is designed to work with the Kreg Plunge Saw, and has not been designed to work with tracks from other manufacturers. While it may be possible, Kreg makes no such claims, and does not recommend using the 62" Guide Track with saws from other manufacturers.
    Marshall
    A Stickley fan boy.

From ToolNut's website on the Kreg ACS1000 Adaptive Cutting System Project Table Kit has this comment:

Guide Rail Compatibility

We have tested this table with Festool, Makita and Triton guide rails. The rails will mount to the brackets on the table using the T-slot on the bottom of the rail. Please note that you will need a minimum guide rail length of 62" for mounting on the long side of the table, or 32" for the short side of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Cramer View Post
    Not a guided circular saw. A dedicated track saw with accessories too. That's right,what? I was looking at track saws today and saw an ad for this: https://www.kregtool.com/store/c72/a...utting-system/ . It says its coming soon and a quick search reveals no tests or reviews yet. So what do y'all think? It kind of looks like a Triton knock off probably made by the same offshore company. I wonder how good the MFD style table is.

Edit: Clicked around a bit here's their promo page: https://www.kregtool.com/landing/ada...ng-system.aspx .

Bryan,
    The Kreg adaptive track saw system is available for purchase at Amazon. It apparently was just released and there are some favorable Amazon reviews from customers who have purchased this system. It looks like a nice system.
    David

https://www.amazon.com/ACS3000-Adaptive-Cutting-System-Project/dp/B07NZ5R41H

Kreg ACS3000 Adaptive Cutting System.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Lisowski View Post
    Marshall don't sell your table saw until you have used a track saw for awhile. I tried with my Festool TS and MFT and decided it isn't able to be a full replacement.
    I've ben using the Eurekazone full system for many years now, including their EZ-One table. I would agree that is doesn't completely replace a table saw, but it comes close, and does some things much better. (Like cutting very small pieces.) The other limitation is very thick stock, since even my Makita 10 1/4" circular saw has depth & power limitations. (Some day I'd like to find a 12" radial arm saw, and try to adapt THAT to the EZ One table. That would be amazing, if it worked.)

What I did was buy a REALLY good bandsaw, a 21", 5 HP Grizzly. That BS, combined with a well set-up and fleshed out Eurekazone system, (plus a smaller EZ track for breaking down sheet goods at my truck) Has allowed my Unisaw to collect dust for over ten years now. The only thing I might use a TS for is a Dado stack, but there are other ways to deal with that as well.

I am a HUGE believer in the "dead wood" concept of tracksaw safety. You just have to think a little outside the box, at first.

Mind you, the Eurekazone full system is very different from the Festool, and while the Festool saw itself is fantastic, the rest of that system cannot do what an EZ One table can. (Sorry to sound like an ad, I just really love this system, despite a few minor faults.)

As for the Kreg & other similar tracksaws, well, those are tracksaws, period. Limited power and limited depth. They shouldn't try to be something else. - Although I like that the Kreg has a riving knife & anti-kickback. As for the plunge feature, I see absolutely no need for that at all.
    Last edited by Allan Speers; 04-24-2019 at 2:19 AM.

Allan,
    The Kreg (and many of the others) guide track is not long enough to cut 48" without this plunge feature. One other "advantage" of the plunge feature is that with some of these track saws (like my Makita 36V cordless) they offer a quick release stop for doing a scoring cut, to be followed by a thru cut, to help minimize tear-out with plywood and some other materials. The long Makita track saw track (#194367-7) at 118" would allow ripping a full 8 ft. sheet without using the plunge feature. I think they made it longer to allow longer diagonal cuts on 4 x 8 ft. sheets.
    David