Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grizzly G0849 3hp Cyclone Dust Collector - Anyone know about them?

Could well be the replacement. But you have time, they are out of stock until mid april I was told. Grizzly is going back to the pleat beater filter cleaning and appears to be discontinuing the pleat brush (a circular brush that the bristlers ride in the filter pleats. you pull cables that sweep the brush along the length of the filter sweeping out the dust. Seems like it should work great, hasn't worked that well for me). Since I have the the 3hp and 5hp HEPA units I can tell you that the pleat brush, doesn't work very well.
    Chuck

I requested performance curves on the G0849 and was told that it is a new machine for Grizzly and they will not have performance curves until after they receive their first shipment around the end of April. I have canceled my order for now. I really need to be compare this system with the CV 1800 and maybe even the CVMAX that run in the same price range (as others have pointed out) but are not portable.

Roger, did you purchase the G0849?? The performance curve is in the manual on the site and considering this unit along with Laguna CFlux 3, Clearvue cv1800 and Oneida v3000

I ended up getting a CV1800 with a CVMAX blower upgrade. I originally installed it to fit under the ceiling drywall but it was a pain to remove the collection drum for emptying. I decided to cut the drywall and pushed the motor up between the joists. That gave me lots of clearance for the collection drum and made emptying much easier.
    I've been happy with the unit and the customer service from CV was stellar.