Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Scotch deserves a good home

That's beautiful work! And I think the finish is gorgeous!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Very nice work, and beautiful use of the wood.
    Regards,

Kris

Gentlemen, thank you all for the comments.

Malcolm,

Great work. The grain graphics are top notch and I also really like the pulls. Nice recovery too, I figured it was the “barrel stamp” or aome other esoteric symbol from an obscure distillery...

Best
    Chris

I too think the finish looks great. I have a solid cherry headboard for a king size bed that I prefinished prior to assembly. After the dry fit I was unhappy with the finish and have been set back by a total redo. If my finished turned out as nice as yours, the headboard would be done instead of in parts. Too bad about the floor. Maybe a small piece of shoe molding?

barshelf.jpg
    Finally finished the display shelf. Three tiered, with 4 strands of LEDs (3 up, 1 down - up & down on separate dimmers). Lighting is not quite as harsh as the photo makes it look - my photo editing skills just need lots of work!

Some Scotch, but I put a couple of Bourbons up there just so Jim would still speak to me.

Looks really good Malcolm!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Well done Malcom - beautiful details, especially the "feature" at the drawer dividers. Looks really nice. Definitely lemonade! And all that wild grain is so well contained in the frames. I really like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm McLeod View Post
    ............. and may very well ultimately relegate this to the firewood pile. Time will tell. ................
    Let me know if you ever make this decision, I'll help you take it to my van....., er, I mean the firewood pile. And I'll even bring a beverage. Can't afford Teeling, but Bushmills 10 yr old should do the trick.

Showoff
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luter View Post
    Showoff
    Whhhaaaattt? ...It's just a little curly cherry.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm McLeod View Post
    Whhhaaaattt? ...It's just a little curly cherry.
    Just? Great job there Malcolm!
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.