Thread: Help with MiniMax CU300 slider and saw blade switches

Help with MiniMax CU300 slider and saw blade switches

Hi everyone. I'm a longtime lurker and first-time poster. A few years ago I bought a used 2006 MiniMax CU300. I'm happy I got it, but I'm still working on getting it dialed in just right (drawing on videos from Sam Blasco, Peter Nyberg, and Mark McFarlane, along with the David Best approach to commissioning a Felder combo machine, and Charlie Plesums' general trove of MiniMax info). I'm having a problem that I haven't seen addressed anywhere, and that I haven't been able to resolve - when it comes time to change saw blades, the sliding table doesn't move far enough in either direction to give me sufficient access to the blade without disassembling the little extension table at the end, which is a hassle. Surely it's supposed it.

I'm guessing the slider is supposed to pull backward (toward the right in these photos) far enough to change the blade. The first photo shows where mine stops. The second photo shows the limit in the other direction, and the third shows the same with the extension table removed. I'm also guessing that the two rectangular pieces bolted to the top of the track (one visible in the first photo and the other in the third) are acting as limiters. I've been able to loosen and move the one in the first picture, but it seems irrelevant. I haven't been able to loosen the one in the third photo, which seems like it might be causing this problem.

So, here are my questions:

1. Is the slider supposed to retract far enough for easy blades changes?
    2. If so, is that rectangular block limiting the extent of the slider travel?
    3. If so, does anyone have an idea of how to loosen it? I've tried various combinations of allen keys, an 18V impact driver, WD-40, and PB blaster, and it hasn't budged.

fully_retracted_back.jpgfully_extended_left_with_plate.jpgfully_extended_left_without_plate.jpg

Thanks,

Graham

With my Hammer slider, if I constantly take short strokes, the bearing carriers bunch up and limit travel.

When that happens I run the table up against the travel limit and you can feel it move.

A few runs and full travel is restored.

Now, I'm suggesting you smash anything, however try that out and see it it's the issue..............Regards, Rod

I have one of these. Your first photo is the direction I go to change blades. But my table moves a little farther to the right as you say.

You should NOT have to remove the small extension table.

(also note the side panel on the lower part of the blade tilts/swings out of the way by loosening a nut). I will see if I can go out and snap a pic or two for you.

Rods suggesting is worth checking - is there something stuck in the rollers to prevent it from sliding back farther?

Attached are a couple pics. You can see how far back mine slides. Also snapped a blurry one showing how far from the front edge it retracts to.

Wonder if you have one of the travel stops that need adjusting...?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well how about that! Rod, your suggestion worked. Thank you! Only light smashing was necessary.

And Carl, thanks for sharing those photos, which confirmed both that the slider ought to retract further, and that the rectangular block didn’t need to move. I do wonder what purpose it serves, though.

There's a release under the slider at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Chapman View Post
    Well how about that! Rod, your suggestion worked. Thank you! Only light smashing was necessary.

And Carl, thanks for sharing those photos, which confirmed both that the slider ought to retract further, and that the rectangular block didn’t need to move. I do wonder what purpose it serves, though.
    Light smashing....LOL

I call it percussive maintenance......Rod