Thread: Ultimate ext table floor layout for Tablesaw ??

Ultimate ext table floor layout for Tablesaw ??

Lets say I have plenty of floor space.

Typical 10" left tilt cabinet saw w the factory cast ext wings.

Currently 52" Biesemeyer setup.

May turn into R/D 12/14 but still w a 52" to right Bies.

So that is R tilt, but I will never be cutting matl wider than 6" at any blade bevel angle.

New shop... TIREDDDD of needing second person w stock hanging in the air.. at infeed, to the left side, and outfeed.

I want to be able to concentrate on staying against fence... NOT be distracted by fighting gravity.

Some 4x8 panel work... I have the floor space to permanently setup for ocassional sheet goods.

Rarely cut anything over 8' long.

Most often ripping stock 2' wide and MOST usually 8" or less.

** Have PLENTY floor space room for permanent tables.

Happy w my saw, not gonna spend 1000's on any slider.

So.. gonna build ext tables of interior door cheap slabs from big box w pipe "Floor Flange" legs w 1" EMT w steel setscrew connectors.

I have some ideas.. such as the infeed movable for operator belly room on the Bies angle iron infeed.. but asking here for opinions.

Googling and Youtube in meantime.

This must have been covered previously, but have not really found enough ideas yet.

Marc
    Last edited by Marc Jeske; 02-21-2019 at 3:00 AM.
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me

First, I'm thinking of a 2' w x 4' long readily easily movable L to R hanging on the infeed table.

Not sure how to do that, thinking of steel 1/8" by 4" screwed to underside of Bies tube.

Then a stationary 32" x 6'8" onleft, then also a stationary 3'0" x 6'8" w the 6'8" against the backside of saw.

Rambling now.

Marc
    Last edited by Marc Jeske; 02-21-2019 at 3:42 AM.
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me

Saw and tables will be placed so that I will have an overhead door that can open to accommodate very rare outfeed of more than 8' long.

Marc

Wheels.
    In a small space, there is no such thing as the optimum layout for all operations. You're going to want to reconfigure stuff. Put all your major chunks on wheels, so reconfiguration is easy.

Both infeed and/or outfeed tables should be created at ½ the length of the longest piece that you expect to rip.
    That (plus the space before or after the blade) will allow support for the stock so gravity doesn't come into play.

Chris
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Marc, I made an assembly table/outfeed table for my PM 66 in the center of the shop. Including the TS its about 7 ft by 7ft. I have outlets in the table for the saw and planer (30 amp) and 20 amp outlets on each side. I ran lines under the wood floor. I added cabinets under the table and ran dust collection for the saw and router table since I move the DC hose and dont have a dedicated line for the DC. This gives me plenty of storage and a nice area to work. The top is 2 layers of MDF which I poly-ed so the glue chips right off.
    Don