Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tips for Buying Prescription Glasses Online

Thanks for the info. I wear contacts normally, but for the couple days a week I don't wear them I wear my glasses, which are now 8 years old and beginning to fall apart. I've been looking for an option that isn't going to cost me $400+ since I wear them so infrequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    Either you have the wrong medicare or the wrong MD. Mine does a refraction exam once a year and medicare pays for it.
    How embarrassing... I just got a bill from my ophthalmologist of $35 for a refraction exam that Medicare doesn't cover. Sorry for the misinformation. This is my first on Medicare; my old insurance used to cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    How embarrassing... I just got a bill from my ophthalmologist of $35 for a refraction exam that Medicare doesn't cover. Sorry for the misinformation. This is my first on Medicare; my old insurance used to cover it.
    Thanks Wade. Mine actually charged $40 not $50 as I posted before. The other ophthalmologist in my area didn't charge me for an RX copy my first year on Medicare but he sells eyewear. The unbiased info I got from my DR and his techs was worth $40.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Joiner View Post
    Thanks Wade. Mine actually charged $40 not $50 as I posted before. The other ophthalmologist in my area didn't charge me for an RX copy my first year on Medicare but he sells eyewear. The unbiased info I got from my DR and his techs was worth $40.
    In my area, OK, the examiner is required to provide the patient with a copy of the RX at no additional charge. In my case, being on Medicare, that means the exam and RX are no charge to me.