Thread: Laguna Shopsmart II Issues

Laguna Shopsmart II Issues

Purchased a used shopsmart recently and got it all hooked up last week and having an issue I was wondering if anyone had run into or had suggestions. (can't call Laguna tech support till next week at the earliest due to work)

Everything is fine except the drawbar and dust boot will not activate/engage. Both with the manual button or from the control panel. No air leaks or anything and I am getting air out of the spindle from the cleaning port. Machine ran fine before we bought it and moved up and we double checked all the controls connections to make sure they were snug and not broken.

anyone run into anything similar?

First, I'm not familiar with the ShopSmart beyond seeing it at trade shows, etc. Many dust shoes have proximity sensors that register the up/down position of the shoe. If the sensor has slipped out of position it may not be registering correctly.

Sounds like something simple. No idea what it is but in those circumstances it's usually a missed connection, stuck solenoid, relay.. trace everything back and go from there if you cant calk support. You'll likely find something stupid thats the problem.