Thread: UPS Insanity_Instant-15 day delivery over almost 280 Miles!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

UPS Insanity_Instant-15 day delivery over almost 280 Miles!

Creekateers,

I sometimes have to remotely organize online orders for my mother in southern Virginia. I was concerned when learning the shipping would be by UPS. I've had problems with UPS before: damaging a computer sent to California, damaging a computer I sold on Ebahhh, and damaging a computer sound system I bought on Ebahhhh, and a Steelcase Leap chair damaged by them as well in CA. This totaled about $1,300 damage. UPS does appear to like to enjoy dropping sensitive electronics and office chairs from great heights. However, this 3oz package from Charlotte, N.C. to Newport News, VA by UPS is in a new league:

UPS_Charlotte to NN_2.10.19.jpg
    Notice that the package, ordered on 2.3.19 and was promised in 3 days, was sent on 2.4 and proceeded from Charlotte, N.C to Raleigh, N.C., to Newport New, VA the destination, but was then sent away for another vacation in Louisville, KY, then to South Charleston, W.V., to Richmond, VA, then to Newport News, VA on 2.7- the destination-again. On 2.8, the package was transferred to the U.S Post Office.

As the USPS tracking number never worked, the package was declared lost and a replacement sent on 2.13 arrived on 2.16. On 2.18 there was notification that the original package was in the Newport News P.O. found and there were various emails on the subject, including notification that it would arrive on 2.25:

USPS_emails tracking Jan 22, 2019 order_2.20.19.jpg

The package left for one more holiday from Newport News to visit scenic Norfolk and then back to Newport News.

Then, the delivery date was changed from 2.25 delivery to the 19th. It arrived on the 19th, the first true statement in the saga. The saga continues as the original shipment will have to be returned to Charlotte. It will be sent by mule train to get it there in a timely manner.

Another example of punitive "free" shipping.

I wish I had the time to tour seven cities (including three times in the destination city), in four States!

Alan

P.S.
    Before we proceed with Artificial Intelligence, can we learn to deliver parcels?.
    Last edited by John K Jordan; 02-20-2019 at 2:45 PM.