Thread: CNC table ?

CNC table ?

I have everything working properly on the CNC and now I have to get a spoilboard on it. Right now the table it came with is aluminum T-slots that are about 3-4" wide. They are not lying perfectly flat, you can see the sides aren't level with each other. I thought about surfacing them on the CNC to get them flat but I have never messed with aluminum before. I assume it is going to require some type of misting or will air cooling the bit work? Since this will be a one time use, anyone have a recommendation for an inexpensive cutter? Any advise on feed and speeds to start off with?

My other option is to just remove them and put a sheet of MDF down as the table. I know it isn't a great picture but it will give an idea of what type of table I am working with.

table.jpg

Maybe just bolt a piece of HDF to the tracks with furniture head style bolts or tech screws that go clear through the tracks and are recessed into the HDF and use the HDF as your vacuum plenum then just lay a standard MDF spoil board over top. You could fly cut the HDF flat and then the spoil board would be dead flat
    Last edited by Mark Bolton; 02-19-2019 at 9:25 PM.

Ok thx. I kind of thought that would be sufficient but I just wanted to make sure that I did it right the first time.