We had the Challenger program's instructors and SO's over for BBQ on President's Day. The plan was to serve in the back garden. WX had other plans. Just before setting the food on the serving table (Portable Moravian workbench) a cold front blew through and we moved everything inside. I know laugh at us old desert rats the front brought the temps down from the high 50'sF all the way down to the 40'sF, BRRR, it was the wind :-).

Before the front came through the Portable Moravian workbench was apart and stacked in a conner of the shop. I carried the parts except for the vise out to the back garden and after a quick setup I had a very stable serving table. Beats the hell out of a folding table and was just as quick and maybe easier to set up. Can you tell I love my Moravian workbenches.

moravianBenchAsATable.jpg

I will do the same, except fit the vise, for projects around the house and yard. So easy to take the bench to the work rather than the other way around. Knowing what I know now, even without a need to carry a workbench in the motorhome, I would build a Moravian bench to use like a very stable and useful "Workmate". The parts take up, maybe, a couple of square feet of floor space. When needed it is a quick and easy put together at the job site followed by just as easy take down and back into its couple of square feet of storage space.

A gratuitous photo of the brisket finished and ready to serve.

brisketReady.jpg

ken